BBQ brushes can be a health hazard

When it comes to the paraphernalia of barbecuing, they’re as ubiquitous as charcoal briquettes, propane tanks and burger flippers. But those wire brushes used to clean the grill can be potentially deadly — and in the most insidious way.
In the last year, doctors at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children have had to remove broken-off wire bristles from the throats of three patients, and in one case the barb had migrated through the child’s neck and could have perforated a major blood vessel.
National Post